Neck Lift Surgery
A Neck Lift is a cosmetic procedure that removes excess skin and fat around your jaw line, creating a more defined and youthful-looking neck. A smooth, graceful neckline portrays a sense of refinement that serves to enhance a person's overall appearance. Through neck contouring surgery, Dr Azar can help patients of any age achieve the naturally beautiful neckline they desire.
What Is a Neck Lift (Neck Contouring) Surgery?
A Neck Lift is a set of procedures to enhance the appearance of your neck. The general medical terms are lower rhytidectomy or submental lipectomy. Which specific procedure or combination of procedures you have depends on what results you’re looking for. Often, neck contouring is part of A Face-Lift, but it can be done separately if you're happy with the appearance of your face. Neck Contouring creates a firmer, smoother and more refined appearance to the neck and chin. Even without making any other changes to the face, improving a thick, wrinkled or sagging neck can dramatically improve one’s appearance, helping a patient look years younger or even as though he or she has lost weight. Neck contouring can also help restore balance to facial features by providing a better-defined jawline that frames the rest of the face. Neck lift procedures can include:
- Removing excess skin (cervicoplasty)
- Removing or altering neck muscles (platysmaplasty)
- Liposuction to remove excess fat
- Kybella injections to remove excess fat under the chin
- Other neck lifting techniques involve lasers, ultrasound and radiofrequency devices, intense pulsed light, and fillers.
Considerations and goals with Neck Lift Surgery:
- Reduces or eliminates a “turkey neck” by removing excess, sagging skin
- Smoothes out wrinkles and creases throughout the neck
- Improves the appearance of vertical neck bands
- Results are long-lasting and will age naturally with a patient
- Improves the appearance of a “double chin” or fullness underneath the chin
- Refines the jawline to enhance the chin or bring balance to facial features
- Patients with good skin tone will typically see the best results
Most people who have undergone a neck lift will notice that pain, swelling and bruising resolve within two weeks, and the new contours of the neck will start to be visible. It may take up to three months for the swelling to go down. It is important to avoid lifting heavy items (including children and pets) for the first few weeks.
Recovery time after a Neck Lift
Recovery time after a Neck Lift will depend on the individual, as well as the extent of surgery. Typically, patients return to daily activities, including a return to work, within 2 weeks after surgery. Expect your neck to feel tight for a few weeks, and know that bruising and swelling are normal. These effects should subside gradually, with visible bruising typically gone after the first week, and that “tight” feeling remaining for up to several months. Your cosmetic surgeon will provide you with detailed instructions for recovery and aftercare.
How much does it cost?
The cost of A Neck Lift can vary greatly from clinic to clinic and depending on the extent of the procedure. It is important to understand that pricing can vary based on the degree of enhancement required and the details of your surgical plan. Undergoing the procedure (or procedures) in phases can also impact the price. Your quote will include all the anticipated fees and costs associated with your procedure, including Doctor's surgeon fee, hospital costs, anesthesia fees and medication costs.
For more information, please contact us.