FUE Hair Transplant
Fue Hair Transplant
Fue Hair Transplant, Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is the most advanced hair transplantation method alongside Direct Hair Implantation (DHI). After the technique first surfaced around the year 1988, it slowly took the place of its predecessor, FUT. The main advantage of FUE over FUT was the lack of scarring post-operation, and thus, it quickly rose in popularity.
Before FUE, the main method of follicle extraction was follicular unit transplantation (FUT or FUSS). In FUT method, surgeons have to make an incision around the head. The incision ranges from behind one ear to another around the occipital part of the scalp. After taking the strip of skin, the surgeon sutures the ends of skin together. This method of hair transplantation is quite outdated now, and most surgeons abandoned this procedure.
During FUE hair transplant, multiple personnel work at the same time throughout the operation. They share the work to speed up the process.
- After the selected follicles are grafted with the micromotor operators, start extracting follicles with a tweezer. Meanwhile, another operator cleans and sorts the grafts in the background.
- To clean the grafts, another operator first takes the collected follicle and lines them up on a strip of surgical gauze
- Then the operator takes a bottle of spray and squirts it on the grafts.Hair follicles do not survive for long outside our body. That’s why, after the grafts are clean; we put them into a serum solution
- Serum maintains follicle protection from environmental effects, especially dehydration.
- Follicles can stay viable in this serum solution for about 8-10 hours outside the body.
- All the while, hair transplant operations usually take less than 8 hours in total.
Both surgery types offer reliable results when it comes to coverage. FUE and DHI methods do not cause this scarring, that’s why they are much more popular currently. Actually, seeing FUT operations done on patients is quite rare nowadays.
In FUE and DHI, we extract follicles homogeneously from all around the donor area. This way, we don’t overharvest areas and cause a patchy look after the operation. In FUT, however, we used to remove a strip of hair-bearing skin right away. Today, it is not as efficient as the other methods.
In FUE and DHI, patients do not get permanent scars. This is a major advantage of these operations. When you consult us, our experts will help you with any of these methods.
Like every surgical intervention, hair transplant operation has certain risks and possible side effects. Some patients will not notice most side effects. However, some will have mild side effects. It all depends on the care clinic puts in, and the effort the patient makes. Some of the common side effects include :
- Crusting around the recipient area
- Itching around the scalp
- Hair follicle oedema (folliculitis)
- Temporary loss of sensation around operation areas
Since we treat our customers with the top-notch service and medical quality, we keep the risk of side effects minimum. For more information about the possible side effects and risks of your situation, please get in touch with our experts